So, yesterday, Johnny had the day off. That, in and of itself is wonderful. I love it when he spends his days with us.
He decided that we would take the day and do some shopping! Now, that sounded like something I could handle!! Except... Johnny's way of shopping and my way of shopping are two very different things.
We started out looking at treadmills. I would love to have a treadmill, as it would be much easier to get a walk in everyday that way, with three kids. The first store we started out in, didn't have enough staff to help their customers, so I was none too pleased to shop there. As we were getting ready to leave, one lady asked us if we needed any help with anything, so I told her that we were standing back by the treadmills for about a half an hour and even asked someone to get us some help and nobody came. She proceeded to tell me that the one person they had in that department was busy with someone else. I then asked her if that was the ONLY person that could have helped and she said, "yes!". So I said, "Ok, then. I guess we'll just spend our money somewhere else!" End of discussion.
Our next stop was a place where the guy was very attentive and helpful.
He wanted to sell us a treadmill.
I wanted to buy a treadmill.
Johnny wanted to look at treadmills.
No fun. We walked out of that store without anything either.
About this time, I'm getting very frustrated. The kids aren't (as my dad says) 'being haive', Johnny's feeling cheap, and I don't have anything to show for the 4 hours we've been shopping. Not a good combination.
The next stop was the mall, where everything is 'too expensive'. They were having some really good sales at Sears, but since I was shopping with Scrooge El Cheapo, I decided it would be best to just look. Oh what fun.
Next, was Wal-Mart. Now, on a good day, I don't mind Wal-Mart too bad, but on a bad day, it is my least favorite store. We got what we needed there and then got something to eat. After eating I was feeling much better, and apparently so was Johnny cause we went back to the mall. And not just any store in the mall. We went to Dillard's. At Johnny's request.
We looked at boots, shoes, clothes and perfume. He finally sent me away and bought me some perfume. I'm not sure what kind it is, but I narrowed it down to two different ones for him to choose and I'm excited about either one of them!!
Then, since he got me in the mood for a new pair of boots, we went to the Shoe Carnival. Now, doesn't that sound like a fun place for all of us shoe lovers?!! Indeed it was. I got a new pair of brown boots and Travis got a new pair of snow boots and Cheyenne got a new pair of dress boots. Oh how I love shoes!!
It all turned out after all. Johnny doesn't like shopping, but he did well. I don't like window shopping, so I convinced him that we needed to actually GET something and then I was happy. The kids each got a little something, so they were happy.
And now we are back to being One Big Happy Family.
5 comments:
I really like your newest template. Apparently, your shoe addiction doesn't stop with shoes? :) JK
You and Johnny balance each other out perfectly. And underneath his frugality runs a love so true and deep that everything else pales in comparison. Even cheapness. You're spoiled absolutely rotten, but we love you anyway. :D
Amy,
I have to completely agree with you on the window shopping thing! No fun at all. Robert and Johnny seem to have much in common. The only time Robert seems to enjoy shopping is when we are without the kids(which is very rare)
Glad it all turned out well
Angela
PS Have a wonderful Christmas!!!
This template is awesome. Is this it, now? I vote for this one. Not that there is a vote, but I'm getting my vote in first. Just in case you decide to have one. Love ya! Hey, thanks for adding me to your friend list!
This story really cracked me up because I also married a "Scrooge El Cheapo"!
I remmeber your dad using the "being haive" expression. Hee, hee. Priceless!
Post a Comment