Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Girls' Day Out!

Marlene called me this morning to see if I would like to go to lunch with her and Hannah. I am all for lunch out with the girls!!! I called Marty to see if she could baby-sit, having completely overlooked the fact that it's her anniversary!! Oops! Since she couldn't do it, and I am determined to go to lunch, I was willing to call my other baby-sitter (and suffer the consequences of her mom bringing her over!) and even pay her, just so that I can get out!!

I called Johnny to see what time he would be home, so I could tell the baby-sitter when to expect him, and he said to just bring the kids to him and drop them off. He's been working on building a horse barn and it's out in the middle of nowhere, so the kids will have fun there. Other than the scorching heat!!

I have a chiropractor appointment at 11:30, to hopefully ease this terrible pain in my pelvic area, and then it's off to lunch and then I believe we are going to go get a pedicure. I can't wait!! I can really use some time away from my house and have some actual adult conversation.

I told Johnny last night that I am NEVER going to have this baby. People have always told me 'Never say Never'! Well, if it's supposed to make things happen, this will be the one time it doesn't work! LOL He told me that it will be better to wait until my mom gets here anyway! BETTER?? For WHO?? LOL Him and my mom, no doubt!

I am willing to wait till Friday if I have to, but I will need lots of prayers to make it beyond that! I am SOOO tired of being pregnant!! I don't know if I've ever mentioned how much I enjoy being pregnant, but if I EVER said those words, IT WAS A BIG FAT LIE!!! My brain can't handle much more, my body can't handle much more, and I am a complete mess at times. Please, please, please pray for me this next few weeks. If it means that my baby will be healthier, I am willing to carry it as long as needed, but if at all possible for me to have him soon, that would be my preference!! His grace is sufficient. That is what I have been praying for, because I just never ever pray for patience!

In a nut shell, that is how I have been feeling. Thank you all for caring and for your many prayers up to this point. Keep it up, so that I can too!! Luv y'all!!

4 comments:

Sherri said...

Hang in there! One of these days soon you'll wake up, and you won't be pregnant anymore! :) For real! LOL I used to always dream opposites...if I was pregnant, I'd dream I wasn't, and wake up disillusioned...if I wasn't pregnant and dreamt (sp???) I was, I'd wake up with praises to the Lord on my lips and ever so grateful!!! LOL Any day now......

Janelle said...

What a blessing that you got to have a girl's day out! I'm sure you relished every moment!

As far as being tired of being pregnant, I guess I'd just have to second the previous "hang in there"! I know time probably seems to just be standing still right now, but truly it won't be too much longer! When I was pregnant with Aaron I had my moments of discomfort, as we all do, but I really wasn't anxious to NOT be pregnant anymore. I loved every moment of my pregnancy with him, and that's NOT a lie! =) As far as this baby is concerned I've had a lot more nausea than with Aaron so it's not been quite as fun as of yet, but hopefully that will get better. I'm also hoping that I will enjoy this one as much as the last and that I won't be in your shoes in the end! We can ALWAYS rest in the fact that God's grace is sufficient. I will remember to be praying for you in these last days of discomfort! Did the chiropractor help? I'm sure you know all about all the "tricks" to try to get things started labor-wise so all I have to say is TRY THEM!!! Worked for me with Aaron anyway! Keep your chin up girl and try to rest as much as possible before this little hungry night owl gets here! By the way, sorry this is so long! =)

Lisa said...

Hope you had a great day out and about! A pedicure sounds delicious!
Rest assured, that baby will come out! Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Amy,
Not much longer and sounds like Grammy is on her way so that will help to not much longer and it will all over and he will here to snuggle with and love the spots off of