Inevitably, when momma tries to find even the smallest "piece of quiet" SOMETHING will fall apart!
By all appearances, Tyler had everything under control this morning while I stayed in bed to nurse my headache. I even went so far as to compliment him on the amount of peace that was happening downstairs. All the quiet and calm!
Well, that should have been my FIRST CLUE!
Turns out when one of your small children is taking a bath (with ALL soap removed from the tub, because experience is nothing if not a GREAT TEACHER), that that child will remove their body from the bath full of warm water JUST TO GET THE SOAP! Because BUBBLES!! Apparently the small amount of bubbles preciously provided wasn't nearly enough.
So, I have 2 choices:
1. Rage. Rage at all the naughtiness! Why, for the love of all things sane, do my kids insist on SEEKING OUT THE NAUGHTY?!
or
2. Thankfulness. Yes, thankfulness! Thankful for a sweet, quiet hour where nobody was fussing or fighting or hurting my ears in some way.
I chose to be thankful, and it has undoubtedly changed my morning!
So, buy more soap. Build a shelf and install it out of reach and store the soap there. But in the meantime, be thankful for the cheap entertainment and the blessed hour of peace!
Before bath time:
After bath: completely empty, completely empty and enough left for 2 showers.

No comments:
Post a Comment