Monday, November 07, 2016

This past weekend we were challenged to write 2 things, every morning, that we are thankful for...

Here's the catch...

BEFORE clicking on any other app on our phone!  No email, no Facebook, no Instagram, no news, etc. (you get the picture)

Open your notes app and get to typing!

Easy peasy.

Right?

Well, old habits die hard and as I have made it all the way to my SECOND day... I fail!

Yep!  Wake up.  Grab phone.  Click Facebook.

I am weak!

Well, I did make it downstairs, grabbed my Bible, sat down and open my notes.  And there they were; number one and number two.  My 2 things I was thankful for yesterday.  Next up:  number 3 and number 4.  Easy enough.  3. My kids and 4. Quiet time.

I kid you not!  No sooner did I finish typing the 'e' in time and I hear a huge crash, so I jump up (from my quiet time) and check on the puppy.  Not because I care more about the puppy than anyone else, but because it was so loud that it sounded like it was where I am, downstairs.  Nope, puppy's good.  Let her outside, then head upstairs which is the only other option.  As I top the stairs I see one son standing by the bathroom door waiting his turn.

M- "Is everyone alright up here?!"

T- "Yeah, he fell out of the bed onto his face."

M- "Is he ok?"

T- "I think so."

(Now an alarm is going off! Y'ALL!!!  It's FIVE THIRTY IN THE A.M.!!)

Said child comes out of the bathroom and I ask, "are you ok?"

T2- "yeah."  And heads back to bed, scrambling to get to the alarm clock so he can apparently GO BACK TO SLEEP, because I haven't seen either one of them come down the stairs to start their day.

Now to get to my number 4...

QUIET TIME.

No comments: