Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Bring It On!

I have had such a busy day today.

It started out with three little girls and two boys waking up quite early and then wanting to eat right away. So, I let Johnny get up and feed them while I rolled over and groaned. I'm the model wife, I tell ya!

I soon decided that I better get up, because my friend had called me the night before and said that she may show my house.

I got up and made sure the kids were all taken care of and then I went and started cleaning my bathroom. I came back in the kitchen and wiped off the table and told the kids to go get dressed and then play for a while.

My friend calls me at 8:30 and says, "I have someone here who would like to come look at your house."

Great! That's wonderful. Just give me a few HOURS to get my house cleaned.

Then my realtor calls and says, "You do know that Kelly is coming to show your house now, right?"

And I said, "RIGHT NOW?!?! Um, she said she was going to show it, but she didn't say she was COMINGRIGHTNOW!!! I have five kids here and my house isn't READY to show."

Bring it on! LOL

So my realtor then called my friend and had her stall a little bit for me.

Long story short, my friend showed up with the guy to look at my house at 9:15 (giving me 45 minutes to clean my house with 5 kids in tow), while I was still in my pajamas trying to get the breakfast dishes washed, because I had been upstairs the rest of the time trying to get that room straightened up, plus taking care of a naughty little 16 month old with a messy diaper and three girls that would rather talk then clean.

It was a wonderful way to start the day, but if my house sells, it will be completely worth every ounce of stress I suffered from.

My sister-in-law then stopped by to pick up her girls and stayed for about an hour and a half. It was great to visit with her.

Cheyenne also had piano lessons today and I had to go to the store to pick up some groceries for tonight.

Needless to say, I am exhausted but enjoying my clean house while my kids sleep, and getting ready for company tonight after church.

Food, fun and fellowship with friends. What better way to end 2008? I can't wait!

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR, AMY AND JOHNNY!!