Saturday, November 03, 2007

Oh. My. Word.

Must. share. this. recipe. Once you get to this site scroll down to: The Classic Monte Cristo Sandwich...yes, classic!

You'll be glad you did!!

Oh, and I prefer Pepsi to Coke. Just for the record.

10 comments:

ruth said...

Amen to Pepsi over Coke! I knew there was a reason we were friends! ;)

Sherri said...

I can't wait to try it. OH and I'm going to do Pioneer Woman's Thanksgiving feast! You should check it out. It looks super easy and delicious. Definitely not healthy, but oh so good! That woman has a love affair with butter! LOL

Janelle said...

OK, I was convinced up until they put the powdered sugar on and mentioned dipping it in preserves. I know, DON'T KNOCK IT TILL I TRY IT!!! But still. Also, I prefer Pepsi over Coke too!!! Actually my favorite is A&W Root Beer, but that's beside the point!

Janelle said...

I forgot to ask, did you try this yourself? powdered sugar and all?

Amy Martin said...

Janelle,

I was actually really concerned about the powdered suger too, but it is SOOOOOO delicious!! I forgot the perserves when I served it, but I'm sure it would be scrumptious with it. It's hard to imagine it being good, but OH. MY. WORD. You HAVE to try it, powdered sugar and all!!

Amy Martin said...

Sherri,

I did see the Pioneer Woman's stuff. I'm actually going to make the mashed potatoes for a supper at church this Saturday. Plus two more pies!!! TIS THE SEASON!!

Amanda said...

I suppose that you made the fries from scratch to? Over achiever! Looks great. I, too, prefer Pepsi products to Coke.

Amy Martin said...

Amanda,

The picture isn't actually mine, but yes I did make fries from scratch when I made it for us. And they were yummy! LOL

Anonymous said...

I too am a Pepsi lover possibly too much.. this gas station has 32oz. for $.50 I think I got one every other day this summer. I realized once school started how much I needed the caffine. But I ma getting better, anyway now that I have confessed my sin:) I will also have to try the sandwich looks yummy. Anyone put jelly on their cheese sandwich? very yummy

Janelle said...

I was going to mention that Ron puts jelly on his grilled cheese sandwich so I guess this wouldn't be too different. I still have yet to try that though, even after six years of marriage!