Here we go again!
You ladies must not be able to see the same thing that everyone else does. I guess the pictures may be a little deceiving, or you all are just TOO nice!
Last night after church, Johnny wanted to go to Wal-Mart to get some stuff to clean out our pool. Well, upon walking into Wal-Mart, he tried to convince me to use the little 'hoveround' wheelchair thingy, but I refused. I'm not yet crippled, or, contrary to popular opinion, so rotund that I can't maneuver myself around!
So I convinced him that I would be just fine walking and NOT drawing more attention to myself than I already do, when we walked into the store and past the 'Welcome-to-Wal-Mart' lady! Except, she didn't say, "Welcome to Wal-Mart!!"
She said, "Do you need a ride?"
"Um, no thank you, he (pointing to Johnny) was just trying to get me to use one, but I think I'll be okay."
"Well, I was just telling that other lady, when you walked in, 'Oh, she looks like she's about to have that baby! If she goes into labor here, I'm outta here! Now, you see, I worked in a hospital for 25 years, but I think I'd still leave!"
"I think everything's going to be okay, but if anything does happen, I'll be looking for you ;)"
Now, mind you, I didn't tell her that we usually spend alot of time in the store when we do go, but I have never yet been there for THREE MONTHS, so she wouldn't have anything to worry about! I just smiled, like I do to everyone else that compliments me in such loving, unintrusive ways, and moved on about my business. Careful not to waddle too much.
Oh, it's been a wonderful journey! And not even close to being over!!
2 comments:
Ha, ha, ha, haaaaaaaaaaaa! That is just too funny. Thanks for sharing.
That cracked me up too!!!! I honestly don't know what people are so concerned about. Maybe you need to move to a different town where people actually have TACT!!! Nobody ever said anything even remotely close to that to me, and I'm a lot shorter than you so I had nowhere to go but WAY OUT. Maybe the waddle is what is fooling them?! So glad that you are keeping a good sense of humor through it all. DON'T let the comments get to you! You are adorable with a healthy, happy baby growin' inside!!!
Post a Comment