Friday, March 09, 2007

Little Movements

Well, I guess it's time for a new post even though there isn't anything really new to report. I'm sorry I've been such a blogging slacker. I know how boring it is to see the same post over and over, day after day.

For those of you who are never or rarely ever sick during your pregnancies, you probably won't understand the excitement of me and my family when I post that I've not been sick for X number of days or I've been able to go 'so' long without taking a pill, but that is the most exciting news that I have to report. I was actually able to ride along with Johnny and 'help' him 4 days in a row, and I believe I have only thrown up once this week and taken 2 pills. I was saying something to Johnny the other day about already gaining 5 pounds and 'complaining', (but not) that I was going to be HUGE by the time it's all over. He said, "You better not be complaining!" He has also said that he would rather I be FAT than sick. So you all are my 'witnesses'. At the end of this when he has to roll me to the frontroom and the pictures that we post of my pregnant belly look like I'm going to give birth to a nation, help US to remember that he said he would love me anyway!! LOL I told him that I'm not complaining or worrying about the weight I GAIN it's the weight I'm going to have to LOSE that I'm concerned about! But still he tells me not to worry about it. We'll see!!

I told Johnny the other day that it seems like everytime I start thinking that something might be wrong with the baby, (because I'm not as sick as I was with the other two) that the Lord 'allows' me to get sick, so that I will realize that everything is okay. You know, you'd think I'd learn to trust!! Cheyenne came into bed with me the other night and wanted to feel the baby move. We laid there for a very long time and I could not get this little one to move. Then the next morning I was laying in bed trying to wake 'it' (I hate having to use that word) up and still nothing. So, of course, as human nature goes, I started thinking, "Hmmm, I wonder what's wrong with my baby?!" I told Johnny, "I can't get 'it' to move." So he came over and put his hand on my belly and talked to the baby and said he felt 'it', but still I didn't. Well, the next morning (yesterday) right after I ate breakfast, I was given yet ANOTHER reminder that everything was okay!! Yep, you guessed it.... 'Ralph' came to visit! =} Then, what seemed like all day yesterday, I felt little squirmy movements and knew everything was just as it should be. I think riding in Johnny's truck with him for 4 days in a row, I wasn't able to feel 'it' moving as much, but 'it' must have been active and then just wanted to sleep when I laid down. Which is another thing I am very thankful for, because I know the time is coming, when I am dead tired and ready to sleep that as soon as I lay down 'it's' going to start squirming if 'it's' anything like the previous two! As I sit here now I feel flutters. It's such an awesome feeling!!! I love it!!

I will be getting an ultrasound done within the next 3 weeks so my baby will no longer be 'IT'. If anyone would like to put their 'vote' in as to what they think I'm having, please feel free. I think it would be fun to see who gets it right. I will do a post as soon as I think everyone has 'voted' and then we'll see what the ultrasound says. Although I have heard enough stories by now to know that ultrasounds are not guarranteed!! Only God knows FOR SURE, but it's fun to plan.

Well, I guess I have rambled on long enough. I was talking to my mom earlier this morning and I told her that I needed to get off of the computer so I could get some laundry done and enjoy this beautiful weather we're having, but yet here I sit!!! I hope you all have a wonderful day and thank you all again for the many prayers that have been offered on my behalf. I am on the mend.

6 comments:

Janelle said...

Amy,
So wonderful to hear that you are feeling better and able to actually do some things! I think it's absolutely natural to have "worry" feelings when it comes to babies, but God gives us our husbands and friends, and the Holy Spirit to remind us to have faith and trust that God is taking care of that little peanut in your tummy! Isn't it the most wonderful feeling when they start moving?!!!

Have you been craving anything? I guessed two other people's babies right by considering what they were craving, which was pure luck probably. So, I'll wait to cast my vote till I hear what you've been craving or eating a lot of.

Anonymous said...

Grammie's vote is GIRL!! You all must understand that Grammie has voted girl for, well, this is the 8th time. So far I've been right TWICE. LOL

Sherri said...

My vote is GIRL, but I think I've been wrong almost everytime I've attempted to do this. Especially with my own kids. I wanted a girl so bad this last time that I think it's carrying over into your pregnancy! LOL I can so see you with another boy though too! {{HUGS}}

Anonymous said...

I think boy!! So glad to hear you are doing better!! Cant wait to hear about your ultra sound visit. Were still praying for you take care

Amy Martin said...

Well, Janelle, the only 'craving' that I have had so far is tomatoes!?!?!? I'm not sure what that's all about, but if it helps you out any, I'm glad! LOL

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm....I'm going to say girl because of the high heart rates. *shrug* Savannah's were always high and Josiah's were low. I'm so glad your finding out!

~Rebecca~