Sunday, October 29, 2006

Never Again!

What a week I had last week. Johnny left for South Dakota on Sunday, after the morning service, to go pheasant hunting with our Pastor and another guy from our church. Monday I started in on the kitchen. My sister-in-law (Dianna) came to help me and I am ever so grateful to her for that. We had to go to Lowe's to get supplies so we didn't get a very early start on things. Everything takes alot longer with one 4 year old and two 2 year olds!! Fun stuff! My brother-in-law (Joe - Johnny's brother) also helped out a great deal. Don't know that I would have been able to put up the crown moulding and chair rail by myself. Although, for those who really know me, I don't think anyone would have been surprised if I would have tried it!

Needless to say we didn't get everything done that we would have liked to, so we kept at it on Tuesday and finally got it all finished by Wednesday around noon, and I absolutely LOVE it.

Thursday, I went shopping with 2 other sisters-in-law of mine (Marlene and Hannah). We had a really good time. I left the kids with yet ANOTHER sister-in-law (Marty) and just took the day for myself!! It was wonderful. Especially after the chaos at the beginning of the week. I was definitely ready for a break.

Friday, Marlene came over and we got the light hung in my kitchen, (yes, I am now proficient in electric work! LOL) and then we just sat and watched a movie. That was also very nice. I'm not used to taking time to just sit. I'm normally very busy with SOMETHING, yet I don't always feel like I've ACCOMPLISHED anything.

Saturday was my day to catch up on laundry. And man, did I have alot of it. It was mostly the kids'. It's amazing how many clothes they DON'T have, until laundry day! I did allow myself to sit down once more to watch another movie. I figured this would be the last time for a while.

Sunday morning I got up and looked out the window to see that one of our horses was out of the fence. Oh great! Well, it ended up being easier than I thought it would be to get him back in. All I had to do was get a bucket of grain and he followed me back through the gate. After the morning service at church, Lester (Johnny's brother) and Marlene took the kids and I out to eat. They are the sweetest people you will ever meet. I don't know what we would do without them around here!! Actually I do, we more than likely wouldn't BE around here!! LOL When we got home, I discovered that the horse didn't stay put. I ended up having to mend our fence. Oh the joys of horse ownership!! Then I came in the house to find that our house had been invaded by ladybugs while we were away at church! Not fun!! They stink so bad. The rest of the day was pretty much uneventful. We went to the evening service and then Ben and Marty and their 4 kids came over to keep me company for a little while.

Today, I'm trying to get the house cleaned up before Johnny gets in, and tonight I have to watch Ben and Marty's kids while they go to supper.

Needless to say, it's been a very long, stressful week without my best friend around. I felt like my right arm was missing. I don't know that I will be so agreeable next time he wants to leave me for a week and a half! (Hence the 'Never Again' title) He's my EVERYTHING and when a person's everything is gone, what's left?

I have definitely learned to lean on my Lord more, through the trials that come with being a 'single' mom and having to deal with all the other problems that come up that would normally be taken care of by the man of the house. Praise God it's over!! Hats off to all you wives of military men!

No comments: