Thursday, October 05, 2006

Another Successful Tennessee Hunt!

Just thought I'd post some pictures of Johnny's hunt. He went yesterday
morning (after making sure I was going to be alright:)), and walked behind our house a little ways to see if he could find any deer. Bow season has opened and he is ALWAYS anxious to be out!

Now, I know neither one of these critters looks like a deer, but you have to understand that the deer out here aren't much bigger than this!!! LOL I have often wondered why he bothers, but he really enjoys it, so off he goes. He did actually see one deer, but it was too far off for the bow. He always has to shoot SOMETHING. Just ask my parents. They often tease him about saying "just blast 'em". He makes life interesting for us here.

The kids thought it was really neat. And, of course, the biggest baby in our family had to check it out too. His name is Beau.

After Johnny skinned the raccoon, and left it laying there in the grass, Cheyenne went over to it and said, "That makes me hungry! Are we going to eat it? Look at all that meat on there!" She is definately a brave soul. I don't try anything new but she is willing to eat whatever her daddy tells her is alright. Johnny said, "Did you talk Mommy into cooking it for us?" Of course the answer was NO!!! I don't get too excited about that kind of thing. Cheyenne and Johnny will sit and eat squirrel all day long, but I'm not very adventurous and I think Travis is more like me in that area. Johnny stretched the skin out on a board and Cheyenne is excited to get her "coon skin cap". We'll see!!!!







6 comments:

Sherri said...

It looks like she is just like her mommy when it comes to being glad to kill things. Is she going to be another Annie Oakley? NICE pictures.

ruth said...

Oh, that poor little critter! This is why I could never be a hunter. I remember being a decent shot (not with a bow), but whenever I had a little animal in my sights, I just couldn't pull the trigger. All I could think about was Thumper and Bambi. :p

Sherri said...

What does Cheyenne's T-shirt say?

Amy Martin said...

Cheyenne's T-shirt says, "I Busted Mutton At The JMP Rodeo". She and Travis both got one, when they rode the sheep at the Woodbury Rodeo. They still talk about it.

Amy Martin said...

Ruth,
I think that's the reason most men HATE the movie Bambi. Cheyenne hasn't watched it. Although I'm not sure it would change the way she thinks!! LOL She LOVES to hunt. She has been squirrel hunting with her daddy since she was barely 1.

Anonymous said...

I don't think I have ever touched a dead animal without a cloth between them and myself. BRAVE little girl you have there.
Melis